Designed specifically for laser cataract surgery, the CATALYS® System offers:
- LIQUID OPTICS Interface, gentle docking with minimal intraocular pressure rise and clear optics for excellent imaging and laser delivery
- INTEGRAL GUIDANCE System: Proprietary 3D Full Volume Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and automated surface mapping algorithms that guide laser delivery
- Precise capsulotomies within 30µm
- Complete segmentation and softening of the cataract with adjustable grid sizing
- Multiple corneal incision centration options that are based on anatomical landmarks
Throughout the development of the CATALYS® System, numerous technology choices were made aimed at delivering excellent precision. Two of the most critical components are the patient docking interface and the image-guidance system. The LIQUID OPTICS Interface is designed to provide a stable, gentle dock and a clear optical path for the OCT and laser.
In addition, the CATALYS® System is equipped with INTEGRAL GUIDANCE System, an image-guidance system which maps ocular surfaces, establishes safety zones allowing the physician to select and customize the treatment, ensuring that the femtosecond laser pulses are delivered precisely to the intended location.